You want to take care of yourself by combining nature and care ! Brazilian smoothing offers an alternative of choice. However, there are plenty of choices available to you.
Formol: nature and health consequences
First of all, formaldehyde or formaldehyde solution is used as a preservative , fixer , disinfectant and antibacterial . Indeed, this substance exists in incredible quantities in common products.
- Bath products
- Sterile compresses
- Some cheeses
However, the World Health Organization considers formalin to be an allergen and carcinogenic element in prolonged and repetitive exposures.
Moreover, France strictly monitors the composition and labelling of cosmetic products. Also, European standards limit the maximum allowable content of formaldehyde to 0.2%.
Moreover, foreign regulations differ from European regulations. For example, import products may contain formalin levels sometimes 40 times higher than the authorized dose.
Formol and Brazilian Smoothing
Despite the controversy around him, formalin is deeply involved in the realization of Brazilian smoothing. Indeed, it allows to fix keratin in the hair and hair cortex , and this for 3 months.
However, this harmful substance can harm the health of the hairdresser applying Brazilian straightening and its clientele. Indeed, there are several risks.
- Massive hair falls
- Baby malformation
- Skin allergies
- Respiratory disorders
- Throat cancer
Thus, hairdressers are at risk under the effect of inhalation.
However, any product containing formalin is not inevitably dangerous, with the exception of abuse that can cause harm. For example, you should check the formaldehyde concentration indicated on the label on the back of the product.
Moreover, the National Agency for Safety of Medicines and Health Products has published a list of Brazilian smoothing products prohibited for sale.
Brazilian straightening without formalin
For some time, some brands have been offering Brazilian smoothing without formalin, or even 100% natural. By the way, you can be assured of having smooth, silkyand shinyhair.
However, formal-free smoothing does not last as long as regular Brazilian smoothing. Your smoothing can last up to 3 months, depending on the maintenance of your smoothing.
Thus, theeffect of formalin greatly influences theability of smoothing .
Brazilian smoothing with or without formalin?
- Brazilian straightening without formalin is more like a softening hair care
- The gloss effect is not affected by the capacity of formalin by Brazilian smoothing. The 2 types of straightening help boost the shine of dull and damaged hair
- Formol does not affect the keratin care aspect of Brazilian smoothing: repair and fortification of the hair fiber
- Formaldehyde helps to enjoy smoothing for about a month
- Formaldehyde fumes may endanger the health of the hairdresser and the client when switching from the straightener.
- Brazilian formalin smoothing is strongly not recommended for pregnant women and children under 15 years of age.
- Formol free smoothing is completely safe for health
More health-friendly, Brazilian Formol Free Smoothing is considered one of the sweetest Brazilian smoothing products with effective and lasting results.